At 91, Eunice Muñoz feels ready to leave the stage. More than a farewell, the show A Margem do Tempo is a testimony to her granddaughter Lídia Muñoz and to future generations. The renowned actress takes on once again an intervening role in her career, in this intimate show, where grandmother and granddaughter act to the sound of an original soundtrack created and interpreted by maestro Nuno Feist, confronting us with several reflections about women in our society.
– What kind of life is allowed to us by the present society?
– Having conquered the 40-hour working week, what are the other 128? What free time for exercising what freedom?
– What kind of life for a woman employed in a factory, in middle age, with no sex life?
– To what extent has this thing we have been fighting for since the beginning of the century, the power of a woman to earn her living and live her life alone, changed society? Or to what extent was it not just about finding a place on the margins of society, a provisional makeshift place, an interim life?
– In a society organised around relations of production and the family, what place does the woman have on her own?
4 to 10€
Sala Principal do Teatro Municipal Sá de Miranda
June 17, 2021
Franz Xaver Kroetz
Sérgio Moura Afonso
Eunice Muñoz and Lídia Muñoz
Set and Props